Thursday, August 22, 2013

An Update on my Two Littles

Both have reached amazing milestones! They are growing up so fast and I can't seem to catch up to them. They both seem to learn something new everyday. Josiah learns a new word or Eden learns a new skill. It's all so very exciting and scary at the same time.

Josiah- He turned 2 1/2 this month! We are officially 6 months away from his 3rd birthday. I am already taking notes from Pinterest and parties on what we are going to be doing.
He is daytime potty trained now. He goes by himself to the potty, he still needs a little help pulling down his pants but he is learning. He is slowly starting to have dry nap time diapers and every once in awhile a dry nighttime diaper.
He knows his "Please", "Thank You" and "Your Welcome". We have started learning colors and more animals this month. He loves to say cow and when he sees them he always moooos at them. So cute!
He jibbers a lot. I know what he is saying most of the time. It takes some translating to some people. He talks to fast and it slurrs together quite a bit still.
He is still sleeping in a crib like environment. It's technically a toddler bed, but I turned it around so that the open side is against the wall. About once a week I try to turn it around to see it he'll sleep in it with the open side. When he screams and we turn it back around. I am not too concerned about it so we are taking our time. I fear if I force it on him he won't sleep in his bed at all. He naps sometimes during the day. We give him a couple of books to read even if he does not nap. Its either a nap or 2 hours of quiet time
He is wanting to snuggle more and is definitely a daddy's boy now. If Ben leaves without Josiah during the day little man cries for him. He just misses him is all.
Josiah favorite show is any thing with Thomas the Train Engine.
He is a really great big brother, always wanted to help with his little sister.


Eden- She turned 6 months yesterday! Again, only 6 months away from her 1st birthday. I have decided to do both birthdays together. Until Josiah can say to me that he wants his own birthday, we will keep doing it this way.
She does not sleep through the night yet and the last few nights have been the worst. But that is because shes got 2 teeth coming in at the bottom. Teething has been fun!(NOT!!) It has not been a problem with breastfeeding so that's good. She wants to chew on everything because of her new found nubs.
She is grabbing at everything we put in front of her. She can roll both ways easily. She shimmy's towards toys. Ben thinks that she may crawl before Josiah did, I agree with him. She kinda crawls around in circles to get to her toys. She is starting to sit up, not super well though because she falls head first still. It is improving every day though!
She falls asleep on her own now. Sometimes she cries for about 5 minutes but falls fast asleep if it is time for her to nap.
She laughs, and smiles so much! A very happy baby girl!
We have started her on solids. We only feed her once at night during dinner time. She has had carrots, beets, applesauce and mushed bananas so far. We do give her a mesh feeder for after her food that has watermelon, cantaloupe, frozen grapes or apple slices. Keeps her occupied while I finish my dinner. Her favorite thing to do is to sit up in her Bumbo and watch me cook. She loves to come in the bathroom while I shower and listen to the sound of the water. She loves baths! Never thought a kid of mine would love water so much as she does. She could play in the bathtub forever if I let her.
She pretty much is a easy baby, its only at night when it's hard. I think that once she gets her own room nighttime will be better.

Having 2 kids has been challenging but I would not trade them for the world. If you are worried about having 2 kids 2 and under, don't be! It may be difficult in the beginning but it does get easier. They start to play together more the older your youngest one gets.
The biggest challenge is going shopping by myself. I have done this a few times, but only if I needed to get a few things. Get a carrier that is comfortable for you to carry your baby so that you can take care of your toddler with free hands. Once you get a routine down its smooth sailing. Get your oldest involved with helping you out. Make sure to give your oldest some one-on-one time either with you or their dad. Josiah loves feeling like the only child again and once he is back with his sister he seems refreshed and in a better mood. Instead of doing housework take a little time out of your day to play with your oldest while the youngest is napping. These are the things that have made a difference throughout my days. On hard days when non of them are cooperating I have Ben watch the kids for an hour so that I can go for a short drive. That helps me a lot on difficult days. Keeps me sane. :) Do you guys have any tips or tricks?

-Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment