Monday, April 15, 2013

Baby Bottom Problems

Changing a diaper from a boy to a girl is different. Honestly, I like changing a boy over a girl. Boys are so much easier in that department.
Diapering Eden has been a challenge for us. Ever since she was born and put into a diaper she got a rash in about a week. I felt so bad, but I kept up with the cloth diapering, changing her every 2-3 hours and I would put a coconut oil or Grandmas Els diaper cream on every change.
Apparently my techniques didn't work. :(

I went to the doc this morning because her rash was getting progressively worse. I felt like I tried everything.
Doctor recommended at her 2 week appointment to use Cortizone cream 2xs a day and Desitin at every change. So I did that with the cloth diapers for a bit, then I broke down and got some disposables because I felt like the cloth I was doing was making it worse(which it really wasn't) . I was going through diaper liners like crazy. You can't have zinc oxide directly on your cloth, it will make the stay dry fabric waterproof resulting in possibly ruining your diapers.
Changing the type of diaper to the type of cream to how I applied it. I did a baking soda bath. I even had a couple of days where she didn't even wear a diaper, I just had her lightly wrapped in blankets and when she peed or pood i changed the blanket.
Yeah we went through a lot of laundry that day.

So we went to a last minute appointment this morning and her doc said what I kinda thought that it might be.
A yeast infection. :( My poor baby.
I feel so bad and yet I tried everything in my mind that I could think of to do and none of it was working. The only thing that makes me feel a little bit better is the fact he said that it's pretty common for girls to have yeast infections and that it's really hard to keep away sometimes. Just like women, some are more prone to them than others.
Great!   ...not.

I am pretty good with my diet, I eat yogurt 2-3xs a week to help with probotics in my system, I don't eat a ton of crap food. It's not a perfect diet, but I am better than most.

So we got the cream that the doc suggested to get, going to apply that 3xs a day with desitin in between and then in a few days apply that with cortizone and desitin in between still. Still gonna stick with the sposies till I can get rid of this yucky infection that she has.
Also, I have to disinfect every diaper that she has ever worn and every cloth wipe that I have cleaned her with. I am washing diapers like crazy over here. Deep cleaning with bleach and vinegar, making sure that the bacteria is out of all of them. I am one tired momma. I can't wait for this to be over so that we can enjoy diapering her again.
I really hope that this system that the doc put me up on works. If not then we might have to go even farther and get a prescribed antibiotic. Pray that we won't have too!

Moms with babe in diapers, have you had issues like this?
What was your solution and how did you get rid of it?

-Jess



No comments:

Post a Comment