Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2014 New Years Resolutions

Normally I don't make a New Years resolution. In fact I haven't made one ever since before I have been married. Not unless you count the single one that I made in my head at the beginning of 2013 which was have my daughter Eden! Not an easy task but it was a predictable one!
I just didn't see the point in have a list of goal for the New Year. I always figured that if you are going to make the change then do it! Why wait till the beginning of the year to start?
Well, today I made a list.
What I need to improve on.
What I need to start doing.
What I am doing now that I want to continue because they have been greatly beneficial to our family.
What is going to happen anyway and I wrote it down because I like making lists and I am weird like that. ;)

1.) Move out of our apartment. Not sure when in 2014 this will happen, but I would love to live in a home that has a fenced in yard and has more storage like a garage or shed. We are outgrowing our beloved town home.

2.) Keep up with couponing. I have been clipping and printing useful coupons for the the last several months and we have seriously saved at least a couple hundred dollars. I have been able to keep our food budget at $200 a month for a family of 4.

3.) Lose 10 or more pounds. I have been doing pretty good in the fact that I have already lost 3 pounds before the new year even started. I hope to be at my goal weight before summertime. Breastfeeding and having 2 littles has really helped with the weight loss.

4.) Get Josiah into a big boy bed. Yes, I know, this kid is almost 3 and he is being stubborn about the way his bed is. Technically he is in a toddler bed, but its turned the other way around so that the opened side is against the wall. He still likes the crib feeling. For his birthday we have decided to get him one with a frame and he can pick out his favorite bedding. 

5.) Less TV during the day. In all reality there really isn't anything on during the day. So why do I have the darn thing on? What will I do instead? Probably clean, bake, play with my kids....there is a lot that I can do before the kids go down for their nap. :)

6.) Do something active everyday. I try to do Zumba every morning. Josiah seems to really like dancing with me. When it gets closer to the warmer months we will probably engage more into outside activities.

7.) Do a daily devotional. Something that I want to keep doing. I feel that it really has helped keep my spirits up during the day.

8.) Keep up with the housework. 

9.) Eat less bread(gluten-kinda). We have been slowly cutting back on the breads and pastas. If we do eat them then we try and stick to whole wheat bread and brown rice/vegetable pastas. People are getting really great at coming up with all veggie casseroles that taste wonderful!

10.) Be a better wife, mom, friend, sister and daughter. Because we all need to strive to be better people.

That is it for my New Years resolution! Did any of you make one up for the year 2014? 
I hope that you all have an awesome New Year.
I probably won't be able to stay up till midnight. I think that I would rather go to bed with my husband and start 2014 off like that. 
;) 
Good night all!! See you next year!

Love, Jess




No comments:

Post a Comment