Thursday, January 30, 2014

Wonder Bumpers

Josiah totally busted Edens crib. 
It is a very much loved crib so its definitely had it's share of years from Josiah, some of Eden and probably quite a few children before that. 
I have the crib picked out that I want for little miss Eden. 



Now that she is getting a new crib I am looking into bumpers. 
But not the regular bumpers. We already have a set of those. I am looking at these specific ones because they are much safer and easier to wash.
Eden moves around a lot at night. So its either crib bumpers or she is smacking her head against hard wood rails. I don't like the thought of sleepless nights and I also hate the thought of suffocation. 
The ones that I am looking at are called Wonder Bumpers.



 I am trying to figure out if they would be cheaper to make.

Although I love DIY stuff, if it cost more to make it I'd rather not go through the trouble.
Here are the estimates:

For a 38 pack it can be anywhere from $150-$200 depending on the prints, colors and where you buy.
This is the cheapest I can find these adorable bumpers.
http://www.gomamagodesigns.com/
The crib has 40 rails total, but I can work with 38.

To buy separately it's about $10 for a 2-pack.
About $200

To buy pipe insulation, fabric, and mod podge I feel that it would cost more. However, I would have the factor of my pick of fabric and would be used for all my babies cribs in the future and I can say, "Yeah, I made those!"
I am a little confused on the cost of pipe insulation. So maybe that is where my decision goes depending on the price of it. 

Advice? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment